Pueblo HOA Management Company Solves Maintenance and Improvement PuzzleJanuary 11, 2024
Haven Community Management and Denver
UNDERSTANDING THE ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF A DENVER CO COMMUNITY MANAGER
If you live in a Denver community association, you may have interacted with a community manager. But do you know what their role and responsibilities are? In this blog post, we will explain what a community manager does and does not do, and how they can help your association run smoothly.
What is a Community Manager?
A community manager is a professional who works for the Denver CO management company hired by the board of directors of your association. Their main duties are to implement the policies set by the board and to manage the daily operations of the association.
What Does a Community Manager Do?
Some of the tasks that a community manager performs include:
- Communicating with the board and the residents
- Preparing and distributing notices, newsletters, and other documents
- Collecting assessments and managing the association’s finances
- Coordinating meetings, elections, and other events
- Enforcing the rules and regulations of the association
- Handling complaints and requests from residents
- Inspecting the common areas and facilities
- Hiring and overseeing contractors and vendors
- Maintaining records and reports
What Does a Community Manager Not Do?
A community manager is not:
- A member of the board. A community manager advises the board but does not vote or make decisions for the association.
- A mediator. A community manager can help resolve conflicts involving the association’s rules, but they cannot intervene in personal disputes between neighbors.
- A supervisor. A community manager monitors the performance of contractors and vendors, but they do not direct their work or staff.
- A policy maker. A community manager follows the policies set by the board, but they do not create or change them.
How Can You Work With Your Community Manager?
A community manager is there to help your association function well, but they need your cooperation and support. Here are some ways you can work with your community manager:
- Respect their role and boundaries. Do not expect them to do things that are outside their scope or authority.
- Communicate clearly and politely. Provide them with accurate and relevant information and respond to their inquiries in a timely manner.
- Follow the rules and procedures. Abide by the association’s governing documents and use the proper channels to voice your opinions or concerns.
- Appreciate their efforts. Recognize that they are doing their best to serve your community and thank them for their work.
Haven Community Management, Inc. – Your Community Management Experts
If you are looking for a professional and reliable community management company in Denver CO, look no further than Haven Community Management, Inc. We have over 20 years of experience in managing associations of all types and sizes, including townhomes, condos, master plans, property developments, and more. We offer customized services to meet your specific needs and goals. Contact us today to find out how we can help your association thrive.